Tuition Assistance Opportunities
Paying for childcare can be difficult and strenuous on any home budget. We are lucky enough here in Summit County to have some great resources and options designed to help with affordability.
Breckenridge Tuition Assistance Program
• The program is available to children ages birth through 6 years old who will be attending a participating, licensed, not-for-profit child care center in Breckenridge: Little Red Schoolhouse, Carriage House Early Learning Center, Breckenridge Montessori or Timberline Learning Center.
• Families must live and/or work in the Upper Blue Basin area and must complete and application during the enrollment cycle which is May 15 to July 1st for the following school year of September – August.
For our comprehensive guidelines for Tuition Assistance in English or in for Spanish.
How to Apply:
• Our annual enrollment period for our September 2021 – August 2022 program is May 15, 2021, to July 1, 2021. However, if your family has a Qualified Change during that time (such as move to the area, new baby, change in work status, etc.) please contact Corrie Burr with questions to see if you are eligible to apply out of cycle.
• Click here to apply online or update your application. After creating an account you can print the Tuition Assistance Document Check List and collect all the required documents prior to completing your application and uploading documents from the privacy of your computer.
• Submit the completed Application and upload all the required documentation.
• Funding is limited. There is no guarantee that a family who meets the eligibility factors will be awarded tuition assistance. There is no guarantee that a family who received tuition assistance one year will receive tuition assistance or the same award the next year.
• Please submit your completed application with all required documentation. If you cannot access the application online, please contact Corrie Burr.
• Once an application is submitted an email confirmation will be sent to the submitter within 3 business days of receiving the application.
• Applications will be confidentially reviewed.
• Applicants will be notified of the status of their potential Child Care Tuition Assistance award in the order that completed applications are received.
Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP)
The Colorado Child Care Assistance Program (CCCAP) helps families that are homeless, working, searching for work or in school find low-income child care assistance. Families that are enrolled in the Colorado Works Program can also use CCCAP services.
Each county’s Department of Social/Human Services and the Colorado Office of Early Childhood, Division of Early Care and Learning manage the CCCAP program. Each county sets eligibility requirements for families, but must help families that have an income of 165% or less of the federal poverty guideline. Counties will not serve families that have an income over 85% of the state median income.
You can also Click Here to find more information or to see if you may be eligible for the Child Care Assistance Program.